Sunday, September 06, 2009

Genealogy

One of my interests is family history and genealogy. I've done some research including family interviews and even had a subscription to Ancestry.com for a year. I've been able to get some good info but had never done any serious research at libraries or a family history society.

Well, today I finally took the plunge and joined the Queensland Family History Society Inc. When I visited today the library assistant was very helpful and gave me a tour of the premises. They appear to have a wealth of information and I can't wait to get started.

The entrance to the library - image courtesy of Queensland Family History Society Inc.

The library is located at Gaythorne, a suburb on Brisbane's northside, and is conveniently only a 5-10 minute drive from where I live.

No comments: