Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some book bargains

I'm recording this more for my own information.

I had a successful visit to a local op shop the other day and scored the following bargains.

Six Osprey books from the Combat Aircraft Series all in near-new condition -

F-15 Eagle - $0.95
F-14 Tomcat - $0.95
F/A-18 Hornet - $0.95
A-4 Skyhawk - $0.95
AH-1 Huey Cobra - $0.95
AH-64 Apache - $0.95



I also found Killer Angels by Michael Shaara, an historical novel of the American Civil War recounting the battle of Gettysburg from the viewpoint of Lee, Longstreet and some of the other men who fought there. I first read this novel when a work colleauge lent it to me about 10 years ago. I've been searching for it on an off in 2nd hand stores ever since and it's become a bit of a personal grail for me. When I saw it on the shelf my face lit up in a big grin and I let out a laugh. Yes, finally!

Killer Angels by Michael Shaara - $1.95


No comments: