Saturday, April 17, 2010

Gaming with Grandma - 116

Another Saturday morning gaming session with my mother (AKA Grandma to our kids) and 8 year old daughter Maddie. We only played the one game this morning and it was one I chose, influenced I must admit by my infatuation with the upcoming video game Red Dead Redemption and a dice game playable by your character in the video game itself.

Bluff (AKA Liar's Dice) is a dice game where each player is given five dice and a cup to roll and hide them with. Players make successively higher declarations (guesses) regarding the results of all the dice remaining in the game, e.g. "there are five threes". However, someone can always challenge the bid. When that happens, all the dice are revealed and either the bidder or the caller loses dice, depending on who was correct. The last player with dice remaining is the winner.


Maddie did quite well. She was the one that challenged me the most and eventually knocked me out of the game first. Grandma did go on to win (with two dice remaining) and it was fun to watch the two bid and challenge each other.

No comments: