Sunday, April 08, 2007

Alien Forest - 1

There's more to miniature wargaming than just buying and painting the miniatures. There's also terrain to consider. I mean, what sort of fun is it to play on a bare table?

Several years ago I was enthusiastic about playing Battletech on a battlefield with 3D terrain rather than the hexed paper mats that come with the game. It must have been around the time Maddie was born because I used the remnants of a bouquet of dried flowers my wife had received to make some alien trees.

I'm not sure of the name of these particular flowers but they appear to have been dyed green. They certainly look like something you'd find on an alien world. The construction was fairly easy as it was just a matter of gluing them on to card bases with white glue (PVA wood glue).

No comments: