Thursday, July 10, 2008

GenCon Oz Part 5

This is Part 5 of my day at GenCon Oz on Sunday 6 July 2008. Here are links to Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4.

It was just after lunch and I wanted to go and have a closer look at the Trader and Exhibitor areas. But first I took a few pictures of the boardgames area. My apologies in advance for the photos if they are slightly blurry - my camera didn't cope very well with the lighting in the venue.



Looking across the main hall. Lower right is the game of Chang Cheng I played with Friendless (orange jacket), Mickey and Aaron (back towards camera).


The best part of the boardgame area (apart from all the friendly boardgamers!) was all the games supplied by local gaming club League of Extraordinary Gamers (LXG). They had several tables covered with all types of boardgames, free for anyone to come along and play.



These two were playing Blokus with two colours each by the look of it.





I think these guys were playing The Sword of Rome.





A slightly blurry game of Clans.




A game of RoboRally


After that I decided to check out the wargames, roleplaying games (RPG) and collectable card game (CCG) areas of GenCon Oz.

Part 6 tomorrow.

No comments: