Wednesday, July 16, 2008

GenCon Oz Part 7

This is Part 7 of my day at GenCon Oz on Sunday 6 July 2008. Here are links to Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5 and Part 6.

After checking out the wargames area, I made my way over to the collectable games area. These games are marketed as customisable or trading games and players purchase packs containing sets of either cards or miniatures (depending on the game). The catch is that you will receive a random offering of cards or minis so you never know what you will get when you buy a pack.

Here are some pictures I took of the collectable miniatures games (CGM) and collectable card games (CCG) areas.

I understand the following CGMs were played on Sunday - Mechwarrior miniatures, D&D Miniatures, Dream Blade miniatures, Star Wars miniatures and Heroclix miniatures. I'm unsure as to what games are actually being played in the following photos.










The following CCGs were played on Sunday - Legend of the Five Rings, Magic: The Gathering, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! and World of Warcraft CCG.




Part of the large CCG area

In Part 8 I head over to the roleplaying area of GenCon Oz.

No comments: