Monday, September 29, 2008

Roman Battle Tactics

A parcel arrived for me today. Don't you love it when a parcel arrives addressed to you? It's like a little mini-Xmas or birthday. On opening the well-wrapped package I found that it contained the last of the twelve Osprey books I'd recently won in a competition run by Osprey Publishing through their blog. By the way, if you're interested in military history then you should definitely check out their blog and main website.



A legionary century charging

This was one that I had been eagerly waiting for - Roman Battle Tactics 109BC-AD313. Not only do I enjoy playing war games (both miniature and board) set in ancient times, I also enjoy reading about the history.

This book examines and illustrates the tactics employed by the legions of late Republican and early Imperial Rome, from the evidence of ancient writers.

Some good reading ahead for me.

No comments: