Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Time Team

Ever since I was a little kid I've been interested in archaeology. In fact, if I could have been anything when I grew up it would have been an archaeologist. I've always been interested in the detective work that goes into unravelling the mysteries of the past. I find it fascinating to find out how our ancestors lived.

My interest in this field has been mainly satisfied by reading books and viewing documentaries. However, a year or so ago, I came across an excellent TV series produced by Channel 4 in the UK called Time Team. The series is presented by Tony Robinson who is probably best known for his role as Baldrick in the Blackadder series. The Time Team crew are a team of archaeologists who congregate at a site, usually in the United Kingdom, and uncover as much as they can about the archaeology and history of the site in three days, often in conjunction with the local archaeological unit.

I highly recommend this show for anyone interested in archaeology and the history of Britain. Series 7, which was filmed in 2000, is currently screening on the ABC in Australia on Tuesdays at around 6.00pm.

No comments: