Friday, May 04, 2007

Postcards From Brisbane - Post Office Square

Another in my 'Postcards from Brisbane' series of posts. It was such a beautiful day that I though I'd show you Post Office Square in the city of Brisbane. All photos are clickable for a larger image.
Post Office Square is a public square which is built over a collection of shops. The square is situated between Queen Street and Adelaide Street. Unfortunately, the once lush, green grass is somewhat brown with the current state of drought we are suffering.

The older building in the background just across Queen Street is the General Post Office, also known as the GPO. The GPO opened on September 28, 1872.

2 comments:

SodakLady said...

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your little mini-tours. The pictures are beautiful and the historical background is very interesting. Keep 'em comin'.

Ozvortex said...

Will do, Sodaklady. Thanks for the feedback :)