Saturday, January 17, 2009

Gaming With Grandma - 85

My mum (AKA Grandma to our kids) popped over this morning for a cup of tea and a chat. We also had the opportunity to play some two-player games.

Our first game of the morning was GIPF. I was black and Grandma was white. The last time I played GIPF was back on 14 October 2006 so it had certainly been overdue for a play. Grandma actually won the game, capturing six of my pieces to my three of her pieces. I lost because my reserve ran out.

The board of GIPF after a few turns.


Our second game of the morning was TAMSK. This is a very interesting game as the playing pieces are sand-timers. You turn a timer and place a ring over it when it is moved. There is a constant tension because if all the sand runs out in a timer it is a dead playing piece and can no longer be moved. I won the game with one ring left to Grandma's three rings.

The board of TAMSK after a few turns.


Our third and final game of the morning was PUNCT. In this game you are trying to link the pieces of your colour from one hex edge to the opposite hex edge. I was white and Grandma was black. I went on to win.

The final board of our game of PUNCT.

No comments: