Thursday, January 08, 2009

Song of Blades and Heroes - Evil Human Warband

Being on holidays I'm finding time to do some projects. One such project is to create some warbands for use with the fantasy skirmish rules Song of Blades and Heroes.

I thought I'd learn the rules to SBH by creating a couple of warbands and pitting them against each other in battle. For my first warband I wanted some evil Humans. So I looked through my 15mm fantasy figures and found some I'd purchased on eBay a couple of years ago. I'm not even sure of the manufacturer of these miniatures.


From top left in clockwise order:

Human Leader x 1
Points cost: 60
Quality 3+
Combat 3
Special abilities: Leader

This figure is of a bare-headed, armoured man holding a large two-handed sword. The most striking feature is a boars head covering his right shoulder and chest. It appears to be some sort of combination shield/armour/livery. He looks particularly evil.


Ogre Warrior x 1
Points cost: 50
Quality: 4+
Combat: 4
Special abilities: Big, Long Move

This ogre is wearing an animal skin and wielding a large tree limb with a huge metal spike through the end of it. I'm assuming this ogre has either been somehow enslaved or ensorcelled by the human leader, or is perhaps voluntarily working with him because he gets to eat any of the vanquished foes of this warband.

Human Warriors x 6
Points cost: 30 each
Quality: 3+
Combat: 3
Special abilities: None

These armoured humans are all advancing holding two-handed swords. They have fully enclosed helms and plate mail armour. They are zealous and willing to die for their leader.

Total Warband cost: 290 points


Here they all are after I'd filed off any flash, scrubbed them with a toothbrush and soap to get rid of any mold release agents, and glued to wooden ice-cream sticks ready for painting.

No comments: