Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 - My Year of Gaming

On the first morning of 2009 I'm going to take a little time to reflect on my gaming over the last 12 months.

In 2008 I played 92 different games and expansions and logged a total of 184 plays. This is a slight improvement over 2007. I expect that as my children get older I'll have more opportunities for increasing my gaming outside my immediate family.

So here's my list of games played in 2008. Now in the past I haven't logged plays of online games on my BGG account, however I did log one play of online Battle Cry in 2008 and from 1 January 2009 will start to log all plays of online games. I expect to see Blue Max as my most played game of 2009 (as it has been for several years due to my online games at youplay.it).

GAME PLAYS

Coda 34
Loopin' Louie 10
Commands & Colors: Ancients 7
Battle Line 6
Downfall of Pompeii, The 5
For Sale 5
Hive 5
aMAZEing Labyrinth, The 4
Cartagena 3
Cat & Mouse 3
Der schwarze Pirat 3
Diamant 3
HeroScape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie 3
Ingenious 3
Settlers of Catan, The 3
Travel Blokus 3
BRATZ Genie Magic: As You Wish 2
Bratz Passion for Fashion 2
Cartagena II 2
Chateau Roquefort 2
Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #1: Greece & Eastern Kingdoms 2
Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #2: Rome and the Barbarians 2
Electronic Whac-a-Mole 2
Enchanted Forest 2
Flip Flap Flop 2
G.I. Joe Live The Adventure 2
Gulo Gulo 2
Hey! That's My Fish! 2
Nobody But Us Chickens 2
San Juan 2
Sherlock 2
Tigris & Euphrates 2
Tutankhamen 2
YINSH 2
Aquaretto 1
Battle Cry 1
Carcassonne 1
Carcassonne - Inns & Cathedrals 1
Carcassonne - The River 1
Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers 1
Chang Cheng 1
Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #3: The Roman Civil Wars 1
Dominion 1
Dungeonquest 1
Elefant Hunt 1
Escape from Atlantis 1
Fish Eat Fish 1
Flying Carpet 1
Formula Dé 1
Formula Dé Circuits 19 & 20 - Suzuka & Melbourne 1
Fraidy Cats 1
Go Fish 1
Guillotine 1
Hellas 1
HeroScape Expansion Set: Orm's Return 1
HeroScape Expansion Set: Thora's Vengeance 1
HeroScape Expansion Set: Utgar's Rage 1
HeroScape Marvel: The Conflict Begins 1
High Society 1
King Me! 1
King of the Beasts Mythological Edition 1
Loco! 1
Loot 1
Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation 1
Lost Cities 1
Madeline 1
Madeline's House 1
Memoir '44 1
Metro 1
Money Money Money 1
Old Maid 1
Outside the Scope of BGG 1
Pakkesel 1
Pick Picknic 1
Poison 1
Rack-O 1
Reiner Knizia's Amazing Flea Circus 1
Risk Express 1
RoboRally 1
Scrabble 1
Trias 1
TZAAR 1

I'm very pleased to see I played more Commands & Colors: Ancients in 2008 than I did in 2007. Unfortunately, the other C&C games didn't fare so well - Memoir '44 (1 play), Battle Cry (1 play) and BattleLore (0 plays). I'll have to see if I can increase their plays in 2009.

The one game of 'Outside the Scope of BGG' was a demo game of Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition that I played at GenCon Oz in June 2008.


Here's my Friendless metric from the last day of 2008. This reflects how much I am utilising my game collection. My stats show:

There are 185 games in this collection. The BGG average rating for this collection is 6.74.

Your average rating for this collection is 6.93.

On average you have played each of these games 4.01 times.

Your Friendless metric is -54 (21 games played 10+ times, 75 games never played)

Your continuous Friendless metric is 1.68 which corresponds to an average utilisation of 32.03%

The aim of the Friendless metric is to help you focus on playing the games you own that you enjoy and identifying the games in your collection that are gathering dust and should be played (or gotten rid of).

As you can see by the red line at the bottom I have 75 games of which I have never logged a play. Of my collection of 185 games I have only played 7 of them more than 25 times.

In 2009 one of my goals will be to reduce the number of unplayed games in my collection.

Oh, and Happy New Year to all my readers!

No comments: