Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Cardboard Hangar

I thought long and hard about how I was going to store my 1/300 scale miniature WWI aircraft. I wanted them to be protected in a box but not move around when the box was in transit. Here's how I solved the problem. You can see how I stored my miniatures in the picture below. I threaded some elastic material through the sides of the box close to the bottom and secured it so the elastic was taut. I can then slide my aircraft bases under the elastic material so that they remain in place due to the tension of the elastic. This system enables the miniatures to be easily stored and then removed when needed. The box also has room for a couple of different sized hex maps and a plastic ziplock bag containing my home-made damage counters. You can click on the image for a closer view.

No comments: