Saturday, February 06, 2010

Gaming with Grandma - 110

My 8-year-old daughter Maddie decided to opt out of the game we played this morning - Red November. That left my mum (AKA Grandma) and I to play this cooperative game together. We chose to play using two gnomes each. I played green and red and Grandma played yellow and purple.

We've previously played Red November three times. Each time we have failed and our submarine has been destroyed in some cataclysmic event, ending the lives of our brave gnomish submariners.

The final board layout when rescue came

This time we actually beat the game! It was a tense time throughout but close to the end we thought all four gnomes would survive the 60 minutes and be rescued. Alas, with 1 minute left before rescue, my green gnome died tragically in a fire. Gnomish tankards of grog will be raised tonight in memory of his valiant and heroic efforts that saved the lives of his three comrades.

No comments: