Monday, February 26, 2007

Kids Say The Funniest Things

We are all sitting in the lounge room watching the Simpsons. It is the episode where Homer helps Moe with his love-life. There is a scene where Moe goes on a date with Renae (Helen Hunt). Over the montage sequence of Moe's date they play the original version of the song 'I'm a Believer' by the Monkees.

My wife turns to our 5-year-old daughter and asks, "What movie is that song from, Maddie?" I know my wife is referring to the movie Shrek. Maddie, who is sitting next to me, hesitatingly murmers, "Ummmmm.....ummmm....." so I whisper out of the side of my mouth, "Shrek".

"Shrek!" Maddie exclaims triumphantly.

I turn to my wife, "And who sang that song?" I ask, smugly attempting to demonstrate my superior knowledge of 60's music trivia.

"I think it was Donkey..." says a small, serious voice beside me.

My wife and I look at Maddie and then we both crack up laughing.

No comments: