Friday, February 16, 2007

Star Wars Podracer - 3

This is the third Star Wars podracer I've scratchbuilt. Although the model is completed, it is currently waiting to be based and receive the final paint job. I've undercoated it in a gunmetal colour. You'll notice I've inserted wire into the bottom of the engines. These will then be inserted into tiny holes on the actual base and then glued into place to achieve that 'flying' effect.

When I go to garage sales and flea markets I look for any cheap, plastic toys that have interesting shapes or features. I can usually pick these up quite cheaply. I will then cut off suitable pieces to use for scratchbuilding projects.

The air intakes on the engines are made from the type of plastic packing tape that secures boxes. The rest of the model is made up of bits and pieces from my 'bits box'.

No comments: